Special Event! Help PCO 21st Century Students make 100 PB&J sandwiches for the needy!
Click here for details.
Plainfield Community Outreach, Inc. is the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports the ministries of Grace Church.
Plainfield Community Outreach, Inc. is hosted at Grace Episcopal Church, 600 Cleveland Avenue Plainfield, NJ 07060
Our current programs are as follows:
- 21st Century After School Program After school tutoring for 4th to 5th grade in Clinton Elementary School and 4th to 8th grade in Cedarbrook School. We are located in the lower level of Grace Episcopal Church.
- Grace’s Kitchen Over 20 years feeding the hungry and homeless in the Plainfield community.
- ESL Classes Free English as a Second language classes with a meal on Monday and Wednesday evenings.
General Description The following is a brief introduction of the programs to be provided by PCO during the academic year:
- Rigorous academic tutoring in Language Arts, Math, and Test Prep will be taught daily.
- Fitness and Fun daily.
- Designated staff will offer a variety of art projects for students to participate in.
- Grace’s Kitchen, a hot lunch feeding program for the hungry held at Grace Episcopal Church, will offer several community service opportunities for our students and families.
- Adult Education classes in ESL, job skills, Fitness & computer training sessions will be offered through PCO by various community providers.
- Entrepreneur classes will be taught through our local young restaurant owner; Chef David Holmes, III of It’s-A-Wrap Café.
- Healthy living opportunities for students will be offered to help them get fit, and learn about ways to promote well-being via Coach Lee owner of Plainfield Boxing Academy.
Plainfield Community Outreach, Inc. was formed in May 2000. We are recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) organization. Your generous donations are tax deductible as allowed by law. Financial support is received through donations and grants made by individuals, charitable organizations and various New Jersey State Departments. Many of the donations and grants received are earmarked for specific programs, or if not, dispersed by the Board of Directors as deemed necessary. The Plainfield Community Outreach, Inc. Board of Directors, staff, and program participants would like to thank all donors for their generosity.